While other people use cycling for several reasons, using the method of cycling to lose weight is undoubtedly one of the most popular purpose on why people cycle. Some riders think that just because they cycled a few times a week; they’re entitled to eat whatever the hell they want. The truth is, if you really want to lose weight, it’s significant that you put your attention strictly on your diet and exercise.
So why choose cycling as a method to lose weight? What are the benefits of cycling to your body and entire well-being? Below we will list some of the most common advantages of cycling.
- It’s very convenient and inexpensive. You don’t need a coach or a trainer just to teach you how to cycle. You can do this activity on your own. No need for that gym membership card as well, you can just buy yourself a nice bike then you are good to go.
- You lose unwanted fats and calories as your heart rate increases. It depends fully on the person, but an hour of cycling can help you lose weight between 150-1000 calories in just an hour.
- Owning a bike and using it is eco-friendly. Using it is strongly suggested by environmentalists.
- You build endurance, strength and muscles as you cycle. You build your calves, glutei, quadriceps and hamstrings, mainly.
- Around 40 million in America uses bicycles. You can make cycling as a way to socialize and meet other people who like cycling as well.
- As you cycle longer, your lungs and heart transport more oxygen into your system which is one of the main key to achieve fitness.
How to Pick the Ideal Bike
Anybody is allowed to ride a bike; there are several types of bike to choose from like road bikes, mountain bikes, hybrid bikes (a combination of road and mountain) and many more. If you’re only starting to use your bike to lose weight, it is suggested to start off gently then progress as the time flies. Try riding around your neighbourhood at first but make sure to drive on paved roads. Once you think you’re capable enough of riding longer distances, then you should go try signing up into cycling events.
But focusing on cycling isn’t just enough to achieve your goal body weight, it is also suggested you eat right and well. Below we will give you tips to lose weight in addition to reaching your goal while
- Never forget to eat your breakfast, especially if you intend to ride longer distances. The thing is, if you miss it, your body will only hold on to your fats instead of burning them. Your breakfast doesn’t even have to be a heavy one; you can start off by eating toast with peanut butter or drink a yoghurt fruit smoothie. Always remember, starvation isn’t the key to losing weight.
- Eat more protein and vegetables. Rather than consuming a bunch of supplements, it is much better to get proper nutrition from actual foods. Not only it will make you feel a lot better but your body absorbs these better.
- If you’re riding longer, it is recommended to eat healthy snacks while on the road. It has been proven to help cyclists improve their performance. Also, this will keep you from over-eating after a long ride on the bicycle.
- And last but not the least; treat yourself at least once a week. Not eating the food you want will only make your cravings worse that may lead to overeating. So it’s okay to reward yourself for the work you did all week, just make sure you do it with proper self-control.